Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FOTD and a little DSK Jewelry

So here's my attempt at my first Face of the Day (FOTD). Boy this was so much harder than I thought it would be because I SUCK at photography and I can't get good lighting anywhere! Please ignore my cyclops of a pimple but I didn't want to wait too long before I made a new post. I will try to improve my noob photography skills...I don't know how to make my flash work all the time. I swear my make up wasn't as washed out as these pictures are but hopefully you get an idea of a neutral but defined eye.
Products used:
Face: Make Up For Ever HD primer in #0 (Neutral), MUFE HD Liquid Foundation in #125, MUFE HD Powder
Brows: MAC Brow Shader in Walnut (these are discontinued)
Eyes: MAC Paintpot in Painterly as base
All MAC Shadows - Phloof as highlight, Tan PIGMENT on lid, Embark in crease
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on lid and on waterline
I can't remember which mascara I used, either MAC Plushlash or Dior Iconic (only on top lashes)
Cheeks: MAC Mineralized Duo in Love Rock (thank you Holly Ann-Aeree's blogsale!)
Lips: MAC Lazy Day lipstickI want to bring your attention also to the necklaces I'm wearing! These were bought from DSK Jewelry, which is a line of gorgeous Swarovski crystal jewelry full of necklaces, earrings, and bracelets handmade by the creator Stephanie Nguyen. You can view and purchase her pieces on her website www.dskjewelry.blogspot.com. Her pieces are simple but ultra classy and pretty, all made with authentic Swarovski crystals, pearls, 14k gold, and sterling silver.


The first 2 pics show the Bermuda triple necklace while these pics here are the Moon & Starfish. Sorry for the pic spam but it's hard to capture how sparkly/multi-colored and faceted these are!



This is what I wore today going to work at the Doctor's Office. The shirt is from Express and I just thought the Bermuda triple necklaced matched so neatly with the colors!

Hope that your Wednesday went well! I will do another post of my DSK earrings tomorrow and hopefully attempt another beauty-related post if I figure out some semi-decent lighting. Take care!

4 comments:

  1. You are simply far to sweet! :) Thanks for the shoutout, lol I feel so special!!! :D

    I love your shirt in the last pic! Great pattern & color. I wonder if the Express near me has it, I'd love to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no Steph you're awesome for your support! Hope your Express has the blouse ^_^ I just bought it this week...they're having a HUGE sale and it was like 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are soo pretty :D i love your smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @L4pinkpetal you are too sweet! Thanks, you just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete