Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday and also a great Father's Day! Unfortunately, this is probably the first Father's Day in a long time that I haven't been able to celebrate with my Dad. This is my first summer staying here in LA and I won't be able to go back home to Hawaii until August.
I love my Dad and we've had a great relationship all my life. Being an only child, I was definitely "Daddy's Princess" and still share a close bond with him. While I wasn't spoiled (he was actually VERY STRICT), he definitely makes me feel like I make him proud and I do feel like he'll always see me as his "little baby girl" no matter how old I get.

My Dad has a great sense of humor and he's very smart, like science and math type smart, and I think I get my love of science from him. He is also a CRAZY GOOD singer! He used to be the lead singer for several bands when I was born and I remember going to see him perform when I was like 6 years old or so. I wish there was an audio clip or YT video I could post here...he seriously sounds like Phil Collins when he sings. I think I probably get my love of the stage and performing from him...but definitely not his actual singing talent (I love karaoke but I suck)! Everyone says I look like my Dad :P but I think as I get older I'm starting look more like my Mom? Hah I'm not sure, my looks have changed over the years as you can see from these pictures.
Now that I'm older, I keep in touch with my Dad through texting and BBM (Blackberry messenger). I kinda get a kick out of it and people think it's weird but hey my Dad is just cool and hip like that. We definitely have fun whenever he comes and visits me in LA because he has AMAZING tastes in food (he cooks gourmet style) and we love trying out new restaurants...but of course we always still visit our FAVORITE sushi restaurant in Little Tokyo in Downtown LA, Oomasa Restaurant. I recommend that everyone try it out if you want authentic, FRESH tasting sushi and sashimi for a great price. It's not fancy or trendy; it's just a small but very busy Japanese restaurant that serves classic dishes but we just sit at the sushi bar and order nigiri or sashimi all night ^_^.
I feel like my Dad is a good friend and I still always go to him for advice about shopping for major stuff like electronics, or what to do about my car, or how to cook something! :) I wish I could have spend the weekend at home but for now I'll just have to accept a phone call and sending a card. I love you, Daddy and Happy Father's Day!

(Btw, excuse these not so photogenic pictures...they're kind of old and were the only ones I could find on my laptop! >_<)

2 comments:

  1. you better join the model search! :) Thanks for your support & joining the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for HAVING a giveaway! Those kinds of things are always so exciting...can't wait till your next one :)

    ReplyDelete